Here are 30 inspirational stay-at-home mom quotes that are more than relatable
There is no doubt that being a stay-at-home mom is a challenging job. So many things to juggle and yet judged by so many people. For me, being a SAHM was the most challenging role so far. But knowing that so many other SAHMs experience the same made me feel so much better about the turmoil of emotions I was often experiencing as a full-time mom.
So here I have gathered for you 30 inspirational quotes about being a stay-at-home mom to motivate you, make you laugh, and help you realize how important and crazy your job is.
The Best Quotes About Being A SAHM
1. "I don't have a '9 to 5' - I have a 'when I open my eyes to when I close my eyes.'" - Anonymous
2. "Being a stay-at-home parent may be a luxury... but it sure isn't luxurious!" - Anonymous
3. "If you're completely exhausted and don't know how you're going to keep giving this much of yourself day after day, you're probably a good parent." -Bunmi Laditan from The Honest Toddler
4. "The best place to cry is on a mother's arms." - J. Picoult"
5. I might not see it now, but the time I'm investing in my kids does matter." - Anonymous
This quote is one of my favorites. Because whenever I have a hard day, I ask myself, "Why am I even trying?".
The truth is all those gentle parenting techniques don't always work immediately. You still have to explain a million times, tantrums don't get better. But we adults have a problem: we want results right away.
But that's the thing about parenting. It's not only about the results you see or don't see now. You are shaping your kids for the future. So even if all your efforts are not visible at this very moment, they will definitely be in the future.
6. "I was going to throw in the towel, but then I remembered how much laundry I already have." - Anonymous
7. "As a mom, you will be criticized whether you work or stay home. Do what is best for your family." - Anonymous
I think the truth is that some people are made to be SAHMs, and others aren't, and that's just fine. Motherhood is hard for every mother. The right thing to do is to choose what works best for you and your family. Only this way you can be a good and happy mother to your children.
8. "You will never look back on life & think, 'I spent too much time with my kids.'" - Anonymous
9. "Some days, she has no idea how she'll do it, but every single day, it still gets done." - Anonymous
10. "I am still in my PJs and haven't left the house for 2 days, but I am still exhausted." - Anonymous
11. "I was normal 3 kids ago." - Anonymous
12. "Mother of boys... less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive." - Anonymous
13. "A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential- as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth."- Bill Watterson
Successful mothers are not only the ones who bring money to their home. Income does not measure the importance and value of the work that you do.
14. "This is my life: sitting around dying of boredom, the whining, the tantrums, the baby weight, the endlessness of it all."- Hayley DeRoche, 'Hello Lovelies'
Not all days are like this. But yes, some are described pretty well by this quote.
15. "I always say if you aren't yelling at your kids, you're not spending enough time with them." - Reese Witherspoon.'
I also like to say that the more time you spend with your kids, the more patient you grow. But the yelling? Yea, that's still happening, too.
16. "I see myself as a mom first. I'm so lucky to have that role in life. The world can like me, hate me, or fall apart around me, and at least I wake up with my kids, and I'm happy."- Angelina Jolie.
17. "Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first." - Laura Markham
Motherhood has taught me so much. I have learned more about myself in the last 5 years than in the previous 30 I have lived.
Motherhood will face you with your past, your vulnerabilities, and your triggers. You will have to learn and grow as a person to become a good mother.
18. "Being a stay-at-home mom can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you." - Anonymous'
You are and will always be the perfect mother for your child.
19. "The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee
20. "All mothers are working mothers." - Anonymous
21. "You are replaceable at work. But you will never be replaceable at home." - Anonymous
The realization - just chills.
22. "Never underestimate your influence as a stay-at-home mom. Being a mother and raising your children is one of the most impactful and influential things you will ever do." - Anonymous
23. "I may not have it together every day, but we are together every day, and that's all that matters." - Anonymous
24. "Being a stay-at-home mom is messy, it's challenging, it's crazy, it's sleepless, it's giving, and still one of the most beautiful gifts you will ever be given." - Anonymous
25. "Sometimes, you never realize the value of your time and the moments spent with your children until they are grown." - Anonymous
26. "I hate the phrase 'having it all,' because it demeans women who do stay home with their children by implying that their lives are less than full." - Kirsten Gillibrand
27. "But being a stay-at-home mom was the loneliest kind of lonely, in which she was always and never by herself." - Barbara Kingsolver
Being a SAHM can surely take a toll on your mental health.
28. "A working mom is judged negatively for letting someone else raise her kids, but a stay-at-home mom is accused of sacrificing her self-worth and providing an outdated role model for her children." - Dara-Lynn Weiss
The typical good mom, bad mom game - only that there is never a winner.
And as if mom life was not already the hardest thing to master, you have all these opinions about how to be the super mom. As a woman who desperately tries to juggle life and children at the same time, you only can do it wrong in the eye of an outsider. Whether you are a working mother, a SAHM, a single mom, or have a partner, some people will always find something to nag about.
29. "It's not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings." - Ann Landers
30. Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections. - Mary Organizes
I think society is slowly starting to realize and acknowledge the hardship of raising your kids as a full-time job. Especially since the pandemic, I believe it has become clear to many how mentally and physically exhausting it can be to be a stay-at-home mom.